2016 was an exceptional time in the history of our organization.
We entered the year with the sense God wanted to do a new thing – cast new vision for the organization – move us into position for the future.
In order for a new thing to happen, we must often get out-of-the-way.
In summary, this is exactly what 2016 was about for Visionaries International – stepping out-of-the-way – curtailing activities and programs – waiting for direction from God.
We come into 2017 with a renewed sense of purpose and direction. Great things are happening and the future is ripe with opportunity.
Here is a quick review of 2016…
- New Directors: VI Board of Directors increased to nine members. Additions to the board bring new influence, new expertise, and a new generation.
- New 3-Point Mission: Our Directors have outlined a 3-point mission that includes the categories of leadership development, children’s rescue, and clean water.
- Directors’ Advance: The first annual VI Directors’ Advance was held in July.
- Committees: VI Directors are serving on committees overseeing finance, communications, and clean water projects.
- Communications/Website: We made upgrades to the VI website and social media accounts with more to follow from our media team.
- Year-end Balance: We ended the year with a $20,000 balance to carry into January 2017.
- Funding Goals: VI Finance Committee has presented funding goals – $1Million per year by 2020!